Monday 14 November 2011

Work proposed for Embassy show at ECA


The following is an email proposal sent to the Embassy. (Along with one of the images posted earlier in this blog under the heading leaning/supporting)...

sorry for the last minute email... If I've made the deadline, the work I propose is this...

Two members of the Embassy committee, (ideally), attempt to recreate the positions of Lewis and Stephanie in the image attached. That is, they will adopt this A-frame supporting position and do their best to sustain it for the allocated time... 6 minutes I believe. If they fail at any point then they would just repeat the work until the time is up. The two participants would ideally be of a similar height... This work should be documented.

Hope this is ok and explains it's self. 

Best wishes 

I will be working at the time of this exhibition and therefore, unable to attend. I can't help but be interested in how this work will survive this translation... I'm hopeful that it will be included and performed, and I'm excited to see the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment