Saturday 19 November 2011

Taping people...

artifact: remains of the taped to a chair work

Two people with their hands taped together

artifact: remains of the work pictured above

Two people/legs taped together

Two people/legs taped together
Thoughts: 


the objects left at the end of these experiments are potential sculptures / documents of the work. There's obviously a lot of precedent for this...


I used brown parcel tape because the connotations associated with gaffa are pretty strong... kidnap/sexy times... but now I'm writing about Hirschhorn, his use of brown tape is obviously at the front of my mind... I think I'll have to get clear 2" sellotape or re-investigate the rope / straps... 


These restraints didn't impede Steph or Lewis for too long, I'm thinking whole limb taping is a must... 





No comments:

Post a Comment