Friday 7 October 2011

notes on notes

Todays presentation went well, despite the lack of a coherent plan... not sure I have the strength or the inclination to sum it up here, it was the best part of three hours long... suffice it to say it was interesting and there was discourse, that'll have to do for now...


Ahead of the exhibition I have arranged at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop this Monday, I am mulling over my position as a participant in my own work. In a work that involves multiple participants does my being one cause a confusion between the "roles" of the participants? Is there an inequality in that I am both participant and artist? How is this different/better/worse than if I don't participate but I am still present? Is this not equally problematic? Is the problem interesting enough to be work? What about the difference between the "roles" of the participant and the spectator? Is this a different problem?...


...Is this enough questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment