Sunday 6 February 2011

cart//horse//cart//horse//cart//horse....

I'm contemplating the difference between what I was doing at the start of the course and now... making work for the sake of documentation/documentting work and show documentation... I'm not sure that's clear.

When it became obvious that I should be making live work instead of trying to make films I immediatley abandoned the idea of showing documentation as work... the work was live. I feel that this has clarified alot of my thinking, However, now I'm finding myself in a postion where the work happens infront of small groups or individuals and is quick/fleeting and if I want to present this to a wider group of people I either have to stage performances or present documentation... While this isn't a one or the other type situation I'm finding myself tending toward the latter at the minute as the restaged performance seem a little less... good.

If I attempt to stage work in order to document it i am rarely happy with the results, compared with documentation of work as it happens...

Does this make sense? Can anybody help me articulate this? It feels like I should be able to say this very simply... It seems like a simple problem of priorities.

Maybe that's what I'm at school to do, get my priorities in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment