Thursday 19 April 2012

Stuff on my mind...

1) Only two days until Saturdays performance... The material for the boxes has been ordered and I'm told they'll be built and ready for Saturday... I'm trying not to look down, that is, I'll worry about whether it's the right thing to be doing on Sunday maybe...


2) As seen in the last post, I've submitted my two page contribution to the publication. Glad to have that of my shoulders and I'm interested to see how the whole mish-mash of things will come together...


3) Prints... I finished the drawings for the degree show and had them printed some time last week. They currently reside in a box, lying flat, wrapped in plastic, in my spare room, out of harms way. I think I've decided on the titles... the first five are Faces (drawings from face painting) and the other 36 are Faces (Elements 10 series) each numbered and in editions of 5 (print on demand).
After much testing, I've decide that they'll be hung, unframed, using archival Sticki Dots. Two dots per drawing, one in each of the top corners seems to work best. They are invisible and strong and hung in this manner there should be no warping...


4) four of the six performances for the degree show are now pretty much fleshed out and exist in poster/proposal form. Of the two remaining, I'm almost decided on the face painting work and then only the bucket work is left. I can start work on this after this weekend, when the buckets arrive...


5) Zoe and I are going to have a punt at rewriting the general press release for our degree show, after some disagreements about content. We are also planning on writing a further PR with regards the PEL fiasco in Scotland and how this effects us as graduating artists.







No comments:

Post a Comment