Sunday 25 March 2012

Things that need blogging...

1) Degree show: I have a plan... I intend to have a different work (performance) every day of the show. I've made a calender type thing in my studio and everything. So far I'm thinking of including a variation on the bin work and a new rope escape. I also intend to make works that use the invigilators as performers,  face painting, action and verbal works. I will have to plan and propose each work in detail in order to submit them for assessment and I intend to run up a bill of events which may well end up in the book... feels good to have a plan...





2) Simone has invited me to make a work in the glittery, sequin-y environment/lift that she is planning for the degree show. No doubt there will be further discussion about how this might happen but I think that this could be a nice follow on from our project space last year...

3) G I: Slow progress on the collaboration front here, but progress none the less. We have a little under a month until the show is upon us and still no idea. I think that another trip to Glasgow is needed... Hope to know more soon.

4) I'm not sure I have a 4... I ended up having an impromptu project space with some BA 2nd years last week. I've been going along to their project spaces, in the same way I did with the 4th years last year. One of the students who should have been showing work wasn't there so I ran down to my studio, grabbed a couple of drawings and managed to hang them in about 2 minutes.
It was fun to do, and good to hear what the students had to say about the drawings and the performance they alluded too, given that I'm unsure about this work myself at the min... It was good to hear the thoughts of John Owen and Rachel Adams too. There is something funny about a performance leading to a series of drawings, its seems contrary to convention. Now I have two different strands to the same body of work... performances and drawings, the two don't necessarily have to meet.




No comments:

Post a Comment