Tuesday 30 August 2011

S-S-Studio

Another simple point that I've understood before and will need to understand again... This summer break has proved to me that having a studio, a space to go and to be and to work, is necessary. I have plenty of time to think, that is not my problem. My problem, maybe, is about discipline. A studio is a place to throw around materials. To badly paraphrase Lawrence Weiner, this is an empirical world  and sometimes you've just got to throw some concrete around... You shouldn't shit where you sleep. I'm not sure I can work where I live. It's not impossible but I'm a naturally lazy person. I don't have a problem running a gallery where I live... but that's a different kind of work. That's facilitating... 


I'm looking forward to having a studio again.

No comments:

Post a Comment