Tuesday 28 February 2012

things to write about today...

Ok, things to write about today...


Firstly, I had a meeting with a group of student intern curators at Talbot Rice gallery about a show they have proposed around the subject of nothingness... I've had little contact with them other that an email I responded to regarding a shared interest in the subject and a follow up email asking me to attend the meeting... Upon arrival at TR I was led up a winding stair to a small room, in which there was as long table where there sat four girls. There was one chair on my side along with a jug of water. After a brief hello and even briefer introduction to the exhibition plan - that is, there will be one around the subject of nothingness - I was asked to put forward my proposals... ??? ...I told them that I didn't have any as I hadn't been asked for them and that I wasn't really expecting to be interviewed. One of the four promptly reassured me that this wasn't an interview, which is funny because it felt like one. After a while we started talking about my work and they expressed an interest in a couple of works, mainly the balancing work, which I started talking them through. One of the girls then asked if I'd go away and think about how my work might fit into one of their subheadings and proceeded to look puzzled when I tried to explain that it was up to them to decide if the work was appropriate and that I wouldn't be tailoring anything for them... All in all this 10 minute interview was a very strange experience but I have agreed to send them a proposal and we shall see how this relationship develops... I feel I may have offended them a little, (I tried not too,) but then I can't have been the only one...


Also,


I've printed some of the face paint drawings onto fancy paper and they look quite sexy. Doesn't take as long to blog that but they're quite nice things...

No comments:

Post a Comment